driver training and assessment courses.
Working at Heights (One day) – Invercargill
About the course
Our Working at Heights course is 1.5 days, this course offers theoretical knowledge of working at heights systems and legislative requirements.
Where there is a fall risk, an employer is responsible to ensure that staff are trained on how to work safely and use the equipment according to manufacturer and WorkSafe best practice guidelines.
Our Working at Heights course teaches both the theoretical and practical knowledge required plus awareness of height specific hazards. It provides participants with the knowledge and awareness of hazards at working at heights, set-up requirements and the impact that appropriate fall arrest systems have on improving workplace safety. The course is specifically written to include the contents of NZQA unit standards.
- Hazards associated with different work at heights (e.g. roofs, scaffolding, window cleaning, construction/building, maintenance work and inspections)
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2016 (HSWA) and height safety
- Hierarchy of fall arrest and fall restraint
- Fall distances versus forces exerted on the body
- Suspension trauma
- Isolation of height hazards versus minimisation
- Appropriate PPE
- 17600: Explain Safe Work Practices for Working at Height (Can be booked as a standalone one day onsite course.
- 23229: Use safety harness system when working at height (Pre-requisite for 15757)
- 15757: Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height
- 1.5 Days
If you would like to pay on the day or have the course fee invoiced to a company please select the pay later option when prompted.
Can't find the time you're after?